(no long lines to wait on)
Ticket price includes 9/11 Memorial Museum entry
conducted by a First Responder
9-11 Walking Tours
Book Your Tour
Walking Tour Details
|location_city Starting Point:||St. Paul’s Chapel|
|place Address:||209 Broadway, New York, NY 10007|
|schedule Start Times:||10:00am and 1:00pm|
|hourglass_full Tour Duration:||2 hours|
|group Group Size:||Maximum 20 persons|
- The $70 ticket price includes entry to the 9/11 Memorial Museum. You will be able to enter the museum with pre-reserved priority entrance tickets.
- This walking tour will be led by retired New York City Detective and 9/11 first responder John Coghlan or a guide who has a personal connection with 9/11 who will share his first hand experience with you making your visit more personal and memorable than an independent walk.
- The tour will cover key sites of the 9/11 memorial including the Reflecting Pools, Fireman’s Memorial, St. Paul’s Chapel and the Survivor Tree.
Detailed Description of Tour
The Ground Zero walking tour begins at St Paul’s Chapel (the Little Chapel that stood), a historic chapel which is located less than 100 yards from the destroyed twin towers. The chapel survived intact and became a haven for rescue workers in the days after the attacks. The Walking Tour includes:
- St. Peter Catholic Church and the 9/11 Cross
- The twin reflecting pools inscribed with the names of the nearly 3,000 people who died on September 11, 2001, and in its precursor attack on February 26, 1993. The pools mark the spots where the twin towers once stood.
- Firefighter’s 9/11 Memorial The Bronze FDNY 9/11 Memorial Wall, a 56-foot long bronze sculpture that shows firefighters battling the smoldering towers, located on the side of New York City’s famed fire station “10 House”
- Winter Garden
- Survivor Tree A Callery pear tree became known as the Survivor Tree after enduring the September 11, 2001 terror attacks at the World Trade Center
- Battery Park City where the John J. Harvey Fireboat arrived to help pump water for over 80 hours till the water supply was restored
I would recommend this memorable tour for all ages. It was a very informative experience for my children and myself. We learned so much about NYC and what the people of New York had experienced during 9/11.Joy P.
I was so glad we took this tour with John, a first responder who gave us his personal insight. I would recommend this tour for anyone.Kevin L.
I gained so much more knowledge by taking this tour and hearing the personal stories of heroism from 9/11.Kim M.
The Guide’s personal experiences had a really big impact on the tour. I now have a better understanding of 9/11 and the first responders. It was a very touching tour.Linda K.