- The $70 ticket price includes entry to the 9/11 Memorial Museum. You will be able to enter the museum with pre-reserved priority entrance tickets.
- This walking tour will be led by retired New York City Detective and 9/11 first responder John Coghlan or a guide who has a personal connection with 9/11 who will share his first hand experience with you making your visit more personal and memorable than an independent walk.
- The tour will cover key sites of the 9/11 memorial including the Reflecting Pools, Fireman’s Memorial, St. Paul’s Chapel and the Survivor Tree.
Detailed Description of Tour
The Ground Zero walking tour begins at St Paul’s Chapel (the Little Chapel that stood), a historic chapel which is located less than 100 yards from the destroyed twin towers. The chapel survived intact and became a haven for rescue workers in the days after the attacks. The Walking Tour includes:
- St. Peter Catholic Church and the 9/11 Cross
- The twin reflecting pools inscribed with the names of the nearly 3,000 people who died on September 11, 2001, and in its precursor attack on February 26, 1993. The pools mark the spots where the twin towers once stood.
- Firefighter’s 9/11 Memorial: The Bronze FDNY 9/11 Memorial Wall, a 56-foot long bronze sculpture that shows firefighters battling the smoldering towers, located on the side of New York City’s famed fire station “10 House”
- Winter Garden
- Survivor Tree: A Callery pear tree became known as the Survivor Tree after enduring the September 11, 2001 terror attacks at the World Trade Center
- Battery Park City where the John J. Harvey Fireboat arrived to help pump water for over 80 hours till the water supply was restored
Great experience, John showed us great time and we definitely learned more than expected. John also pointed us to great restaurants and bars for after the tour.
they're great about giving you details on the logistics of such a terrible day. very knowledgeable and comprehensive tour.
Was such a pleasure to meet and hang out with John. Fab tour and can’t rate high enough - we only wish we could of had a beer with John and heard some more stories! John - We will be saying get outta dodge city in your Bronx accent for years too come! Thank you! 👌
We spent a family holiday in NYC last week and did the 9/11 tour with John on our final day. This was the highlight of our trip and we would highly recommend this experience. John was friendly and engaging and to hear his first hand experience of the tragic events of that day were compelling. John provided us with fascinating information about some of the acts of heroism that took place which we had not heard before that were simply humbling and his attention to detail and recollection of facts was very impressive. His experience as a NYPD detective shone through and he also provided us with interesting information about NYC which we found very helpful. Thanks for the tour John, great work and we hope you keep well. Mike, Deb, Amy and Laura (The Brits!).
I am very glad we booked this tour! John was excellent in sharing firsthand information of the events that occurred the day. This tour was most definitely the highlight of my trip!
The tour was very interesting, and John was a great guide. Hè has a lot to tell and in a Nice and friendly way. The different stories make the tour different Nice job John!
John did a great job as our tour was very informative, but at the same time, very sombering. What an experience to be there and to tour the museum as well. We will never forget!